The oil-painting on top of our page shows the first stone bridge over the river Weser at Nienburg. Shown is the perspective a given by the engraving of Capt. Batty (1829). On the original engraving by Batty the middle arch of the bridge is provisionally repared after Napoleon's troups had blown up the middle arch in 1814 when they left Nienburg on Weser. On the oil-painting shows the situation after the bridge was repaired.